Saturday, March 26, 2011

Now What...

So the news of three was out. Our older kids Anthony and Olivia had mixed reviews. Anthony was kind of happy when he found out about one. But when two came along he threw a bit of a tantrum (he was 11 at the time) and then when three were discovered...good luck. It took a whole lot of convincing that he would still be loved, he would still have one on one time with me and dad and most importantly that he wouldn't be forgotten. After all of this was done and said, then he fell into it a bit better. Olivia on the other hand was excited with each discovered baby, there was no tantrums from our 12 year old. I think she was so excited about our babies coming so that she could help and most importantly probably hold them for hours at a time.

So now what, we knew about the three...we talked to each of the kids, the usual, "you know when the babies come things will be different right?" and then there was the wedding planning that was still getting underway.

Yes, that is right. When finding out about our babies we were in the middle of planning the much awaited function of the century. After 10 years my love had finally asked me to marry him on Thanksgiving 2009. So we were, or I was anyway, busy planning the wedding of my dreams. But now I had to factor in the fact that I was going to be VERY pregnant by the time the wedding came. I had already bought my dress, I had been going to the gym like a mad woman so that when the time for the fitting came along I would be able to size down my dress, bought the shoes (which seemed like a joke after I thought about how big I was going to get), and the plane tickets for the honeymoon were already booked.

Well now, I had to take my dress that I loved with all my heart back to the bridal store and trade in the same one for a bigger size (I called it my Orca dress), find new shoes (I decided on a cute pair of flip flop sandals, since heels would be out of the question), and after speaking to the doctor I knew that going to Florida for the Disneyworld trip of my dreams was going to be a far far away dream that was going to take many more years to achieve.

I had to definately do my prioritizing. Wedding first, babies later. It was all going to be back to back so I was going to be very busy.

Wedding being the priority was a must but very difficult. I was tired all of the time and sick sick sick. I couldn't keep anything down. Crackers...nope. Toast...nope. I could barely hold down water. It was such a struggle to go to work every night. The only good thing was that I sat behind a desk and was practically alone all night. I planned my wedding in between sleeping, eating and throwing up. Sometimes it never seemed as if it would get done, but slowly it did.

We slowly began getting ready for babies too during it all, our den that had pretty much started being a room for the kids as well as us to store things into was going to be the nursery, with some handy help from my dad, brother and husband. The room was an open space upstairs that needed a wall and a door to be enclosed, so there was some work to be done there.

I swore with the stress of it all I thought I would go into labor, but my doctor was just amazed at each appointment of my "Cervex of Steel"...the cervex you never see in multiples practically. I was just so proud I thought I should have the picture framed or something, he bragged to the assistants about it all the time, I thought I should start charging!

So as the summer started to pass and grew bigger with each day my anxiety would begin to mount more and more. I had a bad experience with delivering Anthony and I just knew that delivering these babies wouldn't be much of a cake walk either. I was also worried about the wedding. This was something that I had plastered in my head for years and years and now I had three other people to take into account...

No comments:

Post a Comment