Sunday, March 27, 2011

September 11, 2010...

Our wedding day. I was about 6 months pregnant with triplets and I definately looked like it.

It was a beautiful day. We had an awesome suite at The Signature at MGM, two right next to each other, one for the boys and one for the girls. However, the girls suite was bigger and much much better, top floor, balcony you could walk out on, huge bathroom, small kitchen. It was perfect for all the company we had in our room that day.

Waking up that morning, I was excited but not as much as I thought, I think I was more nervous. I was nervous that no one would be on time for the hair dresser, the make up and most importantly getting dressed and out the door. The hairdresser was on her way and guess what...no one was there but me and my kids. Cisco had gone to pick up the photographer and get Anthony's little tux...I called him freaking out about how my mom hadn't shown up yet and neither had any of my brides maids. It was horrible. I was ready to throw in the towel right at that moment. Right when I got off the phone with him a knock at the door...my mom had shown up. Thank God!

Then everyone else pretty much started streaming through the doors. Lunch was delivered by my wonderful bridesmaids and their husbands, it was such a laid back afternoon in the room. I loved it. No stress, no crying, no worrying. It was great. We all walked down to the salon to get our makeup done and that was great too...except for when we had to practically run back to the room to get dressed so we wouldn't be late for the limo. I was worried about how I looked, I just felt huge. I know I was pregnant with triplets but still, you are supposed to be all skinny and fabulous in your wedding dress.

The only time during the whole day I wanted to cry before my wedding was when we were getting off the freeway which was right next to my venue. Thanks to my bridesmaids talking so much the feeling fleeted right away. Getting out of the car it was non stop. The photographer started snapping right away and the videographer did the same. It was a great experience the whole way around. I think the worst part before the wedding was when I was left all alone in the dressing room. I was left there with my nerves and anxiety...it was horrible!

The wedding coordinator came into the room and told me that it was time. I was the last one to go outside. I stood in the door way and I could see the whole procession take off, one of those people being my husband to be. Someone that I hadn't seen all day and all I saw was the back of his head. I was so scared I would fall, or cry to the point of ruining my make up something.

With my dad on one side and my step-dad on the other side I walked down the aisle toward my fiance. I didn't fall, I nearly cried, but I made it to his side. As I walked up to him my dad had stepped on my very long veil and pulled my head back...it was pretty funny. I stepped forward again and took my fiance's hand. We listened to our pastor as he told us things that were important in being husband and wife, he recited passages to us, he helped us through our vows and he assisted us and Anthony and Olivia in lighting our unity candle bringing us together as one family. As we exchanged our rings and eventually sealing our commitment with a kiss the only tears that were shed from near by were those of our children.

We walked back up the aisle hand in hand, finally husband and wife. When coming to the rest area after the ceremony Anthony was crying so hard it was difficult to understand him, let alone trying to console him. Anthony crying made Olivia cry and then it was just a matter of settling them down so we could do pictures.

After doing all the photos it was time to party hard. That part was going to be a challenge for me, but I was willing to give it a try. I didn't eat dinner since I was so very sick to my stomach, but I was able to drink water and dance until I just couldn't dance any longer. When the cake cutting came up that was hard, I thought I may have needed a moment for that only because I didn't think I would get through it without being sick again. I did, but I didn't even get to taste my own wedding cake...that was such a shame.

Everyone told me to enjoy your day because it goes by so fast and it's true. I didn't think that I would believe it, but it's true. Before I knew it, it was time to get in the limo and head back to the hotel. I was ready too, my back hurt, my feet hurt, I had to use the restroom so bad because all night I refused to go since it was such a hassle with my dress and everything. When we got back to the room I nearly gave Cisco a pair of scissors to take me out of that dress so I could run to the bathroom. After that all I wanted to do was get into the giant jacuzzi tub and soak. When I went to bed that night I was hoping that I would sleep until 3pm...but I couldn't because we were heading out for our very close to home honeymoon that was ordered...

No comments:

Post a Comment