Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Call of Midnight

The wind is howling like crazy...nothing worse than it keeping your baby up, along with her cold. I know something worse...it being x3!

I thought it was allergies at first, it still might be, I'll see and know more when the sun comes up. Their runny noses and congested little heads made it near impossible for anyone to get a nap in and made me not be able to shower due to said nap not being taken.

Fast forward to bed time and I know they are all over tired, but I am pleasantly surprised at how easy they went down. Until 30 minutes later when Kitty work up with an attitude like she had some revenge to get at me for something unknown. She was up until 11pm...ugh, well finally she went to sleep in my bed and I was content to leave her there, I was starting to fall asleep until I realized how cold the wind had made it feel in the house. All I could think was if Cisco had turned the thermostat off earlier today or left it on, it certainly felt like he turned it off. You know how when someone falls asleep on you and you do that awkward move to slide out of bed without disturbing them? (I like to think of it as the one night stand slide) well that is what I was doing to get out from under Kitty, it worked but left her close to the edge of the bed and all I could hope for was enough time to turn the heater up and come
Back to take her to her crib. Well, before I could make it down the first step Cici decided the wind was too much as well as her stuffy nose so in the room I went praying that a little holding would do the trick. It did and she fell back asleep fairly quickly. So down the stairs to let the dog out, turn the thermostat up and text Cisco begging for a reprieve. On my way back to my room to fetch a still sleeping Kitty, Cici woke again. Well I had decided that I better hope me transferring one dead sleeping baby to tend to a crying one didn't wake up more than the one that was already awake, it didn't.

So here I sit, rocking Cici listening to the wind do a number to the outside trees and the bench that keeps knocking against the railing on the front of the house (which I'm sure will wake up one of the girls later...again). I'm tired, I feel dirty and I just remembered my kitchen still has food siting out from dinner.

Oh well, like Scarlett O'Hara said "I can't think about that now, I'll think about that tomorrow".

No comments:

Post a Comment